November 16, 2016
Who will serve as your cosmetic dentist in Scottsdale? It’s an important question and takes some thought and research to arrive at the right answer for your smile. Dr. Alex Martin provides many aesthetic treatments that enhance healthy smiles so people feel youthful and confident. Could he help change your teeth and gums for a beautiful, refreshed look?
What to Think About
If you are contemplating some aesthetic improvements to your smile, think first about how you want your smile to change. Sometimes, people are dissatisfied with:
- How much gum tissue shows when they smile (gummy smile)
- Discolored tooth enamel from smoking or too much coffee or tea
- Gaps, crowding, overlapping teeth and other alignment problems
- Missing teeth
- Noticeable metal fillings
- Pitted enamel or odd tooth shape
Be specific and realistic in the goals you set. Look at pictures of your teeth from when you were younger, or consult fashion magazines or online photos of people whose smiles you admire. Armed with these ideas, you will communicate your aesthetic goals more clearly to your cosmetic dentist.
What to Look For
Do some careful research. Ask a friend or neighbor for a referral to a cosmetic dentist (especially if you really like how their smiles look). Go on Healthgrades.com for online reviews of dentists in your area. Look at:
- Ratings from actual patients
- Services they offer
- Professional associations they belong to
- Educational credentials
For instance, Dr. Alex Martin belongs to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and the International Association of Orthodontists. Peer accountability and continuing education credits speak volumes about a doctor’s skill level and passion for what he does.
Additionally, call the prospective cosmetic dentist for a one on one consultation. He or she will examine your mouth, take X-rays and make suggestions which can make your smile into the one you envision. Costs and a treatment time line are included in any good care plan. Actually speaking to the dentist and his or her staff will give you a good idea if you are comfortable with them personally. After all, a smile makeover is a very personal change.
What Services are Offered
Just to give you examples of what services may be offered by a cosmetic dentist, here are what Dr. Alex Martin delivers in his Scottsdale office:
- Tooth-colored fillings for seamlessly white cavity repair and replacement of metal fillings
- Invisalign in Scottsdale and ClearCorrect Clear Aligners for comfortable, discreet orthodontics in less time than metal or ceramic braces
- Dental implants, today’s modern tooth replacement option that builds bone and secures single teeth or multiples in fixed bridgework or dentures
- Porcelain Veneers or no-prep Lumineers to cover defects such as chips, cracks, dark stains and minor misalignments
- Composite resin bonding for minor repairs of gaps and cracks
- Opalescence at-home or in-office teeth whitening, using a unique blend of potassium nitrate and hydrogen peroxide to lift out stubborn enamel stains
We’d Like to Help
Dr. Martin and his caring team know how a smile affects self-image. We’d love to be your cosmetic dentistry practice, but don’t just take our word on it. Contact the office for a personal consultation so we can answer your questions and show what we can do for you and your smile.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.